Friday, August 13, 2010

Moment of Singleness

In bed alone,
tears fall freely.

No child to tuck in,
my life journey,
ends with me.

How did my choices get me here?

If I'm the captain of my soul,
somehow I followed the wrong map.

A wayward sailor,
thinking the adventure lead,
to the really promising destination.

At the conference I meet people,
from all over,
talking,
listening,
eating,
sitting at the pool.

They got married somehow,
had kids,
went to baseball games,
tucked them in,
school plays.

Somehow it bypassed me.

The dress purchased,
the rings,
the flower girl clothes,
best men ties.

The man - he isn't thinking of me,

lost in his pain,
in his sorrow,
job loss,
money gone,
bill collectors calling non-stop.

No more musings of hope,
faith shattered,
heart torn.

What next?

My heart aches.
 
 
RDC Midnight 8/12/2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...