Monday, August 16, 2010

Career Coach: The Future You

So, it is great when friends find information for you on the Internet because they think it would be a good "blog pickle."
My friend, Design Guy, shared this link with me today and made me stop and think for a minute or two. This topic has been on my mind lately - What do I want to do with the rest of my life?
Take a look at the article, it makes a few good points (none of which include "climbing the corporate ladder."

The main points, in case the link stops working soon, include:

1. Be happy now. Don’t wait for next week, next month or next year. A common regret of old people was, “I got so focused on trying to get what I did not have, I failed to appreciate all that I did have. I had almost everything. I wish that I would’ve taken the time to appreciate it.”

2. Build relationships and help people, especially friends and family.

3. If you have a dream, go for it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...