Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Poem - Less is More - by Scot

> Saved this from an old email from my brother.

Subject: scot poem> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:56:53 -0400>

"Less is more."

> Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,>
Enwrought with golden and silver light,>
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths>
Of night and light and the half-light,>
I would spread the cloths under your feet:>
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;>
I have spread my dreams under your feet;>
Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams.

> Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

> The world is too much with us; late and soon,>
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;>
Little we see in Nature that is ours;>
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!>
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon,>
The winds that will be howling at all hours,>
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers,>
For this, for everything, we are out of tune;>
It moves us not.--Great God! I'd rather be>
A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn; >
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea, >
Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;>
Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;>
Or hear old Triton blow his wreathed horn. >

About Me: I persist. I pursue the unattainable. I change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...