Sunday, October 7, 2012

Reflections in the Wind


REFLECTIONS IN THE WIND 
Written by: Karen Slater, Improvement Era, May 1969

Her I stand:
The girl I was, the person I am,
and the woman I will become.
The three of us so dependent upon the other.

The girl I was.....
laughing, carefree, young
afraid of nothing, loving everything,
trusting all.

The person I am.....
still laughing, not quite as carefree,
still young, afraid of self, loving many,
trusting few, happy and contented with all.
Needing nothing but time to grow, expand,
mature, and discover the hows and whys within myself.

The woman I will become.... laughing, purposeful, young in heart,
having won the game of life playing with God's rules.
Afraid of evil, loving all that is good, trusting in the Lord.
Full  of joy which comes from a marriage sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise,
and blessed with loving children sent from God.
I am today what I did yesterday,
and Tomorrow I will be What I did Today.
The woman I will become is dependent upon the person I am now.
How unfair, that her salvation should rest upon one so proud, so vain, so frightened, so weak.

Why curse her for my mistakes?

How careful then I must be, for mine
is not the only soul I must save fromfuture grief.
Hers too, and the girl I was....
Three of us dependent upon a bending willow in the wind.

Here I stand: The girl I was,
The person I am,
The woman I will become. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...