Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blog Pickle - a wiki

My first blog pickle is actually about a technology I learned about through Mark Oehlert (who I will link to later because his blog is stopping up everyone's computers).

The wiki technology is all the rage right now and I finally found out about http://www.pbwiki.com through either his blog or at a conference seminar I attended where he and his co-presenter shared with us. It's more personalized to individual/business needs rather than using the popular http://www.wikipedia.org that is more like a public encyclopedia...created by the public.

I am trying out PBwiki first for work because I have a lot of information that's in my head that needs to be shared with others, but I can see using it to capture personal history that you can freely edit as you remember more details about events or entire experiences that come back to you at later dates. The great thing is that it can be collaborative and so entire books could be written this way or expertise fine tuned.

Anyway, I thought it most meaningful and deserving of "blog pickle" status.

2 comments:

ME said...

I should have told you about this! I learned about pbwiki in grad school but I have not used it much.

RebeckerOnline said...

That is great! I think we were more focused on this cognitive flexibility hypertext (CFH) thing that was a similiar concept of linking and updating, but not by a community.

It's good to see all of this stuff becoming mainstream now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...