Sunday, December 14, 2008

Poem - An Extra - Ordinary Night

My friend Pam sent me a Christmas Card with this poem on it a few years ago. I've been thinking about it all week and finally went looking amongst old cards trying to find it. Luckily, she has a great memory and found it for me right away when I asked for it.

I'm not sure why, but it is one of those poems that brings tears to my eyes even though the words are ordinary compared to the great writings of our times. But, sometimes simple has the most power.

An Extra-Ordinary Night
by Max Lucado


An ordinary night with ordinary sheep
and ordinary shepherds.
And were it not for God
who loves to hook an "extra" on the front of ordinary,
the night would have gone unnoticed.
But God dances among the common
and that night he did a waltz.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...